Friday, December 16, 2011

A Year Ago this Week (December 2012)

Sunset at Rodeo Cove
(28mm, f/18, 3.2 sec, ISO 100)

I was looking back at my calendar while reorganizing some of my photo archives recently.  Wow - it has been quite a busy year for me photographically speaking!

I am happy that I have been able to find the time to get out and shoot, as often as I have, during this past year.  Not only has it gotten me out of the house, it has allowed me develop and improve my photography  more than I would have thought possible.  A year ago, with my new camera in hand, I took the plunge and decided to take my first Workshop.  I signed up for a one-day San Francisco & Marin Headlands workshop run by a local company called Aperture Academy (http://www.apertureacademy.com/photography-workshops-san-francisco-marin-headlands.php).

The workshop was well run, fun, and I learned a lot about photography on that day.  In fact it was at this workshop that I was introduced to the use of Neutral Density Graduated filters (ND Grad) - which changed the way I see a scene forever!

With that... here a couple more images that I took that day from our last stop of the evening.  This was sunset at Rodeo Cove, a year ago this week.


Stacks
(35mm, f/16, 8 sec, ISO 100)

Bird on a Rock
(28mm, f/18, 3.2 sec, ISO 100)

No comments:

Post a Comment